Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: A Message from Organic Remedies
To our valued patients and caregivers,
As more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) emerges, we understand that our patients have questions and concerns about precautions to prevent this disease. At Organic Remedies, we are strongly committed to our patients’ health and well being, and our top priority has always been to provide a safe and sanitary environment. However, considering recent events, we are increasing our sanitation efforts to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses in the following ways:
- Each of our dispensary location have been thoroughly disinfected, utilizing a natural, non-toxic formula shown to be 99% effective in virus eradication, through a fogging procedure.
- To maintain this sanitary environment, we wipe counters, doors, and surfaces in direct contact with patients and caregivers every hour during business hours with disinfectant spray.
- We will continue to provide hand sanitizer gel for both employees and patients, and we will require employees to use the hand sanitizer gel frequently during the course of the day.
- We have asked that employees, patients and caregivers forego the usual and customary handshake as a greeting to prevent the spread of germs.
- We require employees to frequently wash their hands for a period of more than 20 seconds with soap and water.
- We will require any employee who may be ill to remain at home and not report for work in the dispensary until a reasonable time period after the illness as defined by the CDC
- We ask that patients and caregivers who may be ill to please remain at home until a reasonable time period after the illness and assign a caregiver if they require medication during that time.
In addition, we offer you the following recommendations from CDC:
- Frequently and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or use your inner elbow or sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you’re sick and keep your children home if they are sick.
- Clean surfaces in your home and personal items, such as cell phones, using regular household products.
- Consider an “elbow bump” instead of a hug or handshake.
We understand that medical marijuana is essential for our patients’ health and wellbeing. As a healthcare provider, we will remain open during our regular business hours. We will continue to update patients as we receive additional information. More information on COVID-19 can be found on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website at https://www.cdc.gov/.
Eric Hauser, RPH, CEO, Organic Remedies